Tesoro Cortes Metal Detector
The Cortes combines user-friendly analog controls with state of the art digital signal processing to create an easy to use Target Identification Detector. What sounds complicated is actually as simple as turning it on and you’re ready to hunt.
There are two levels of information on the meter screen. The alphanumeric read-out on the top row gives you target information which falls into four broad categories:
- Iron, Foil
- Nickel, Pull Tab, Ring
- Zinc Penny, Screw Cap
- Copper Cent, Silver Coin
The lower row displays a nine segment bar graph with data that helps you determine the true nature of the target as categorized in the top row. By combining the results of the bar graph information and the peak signal ID number you will be able to identify and separate out pull tabs and other trash from the good targets.
From the beginner to the pro, the Cortes is able to meet the needs of any detectorist with simple analog controls, an easy to read digital meter, preset or manual ground balance all housed in a package that weighs less than three pounds with batteries.
Tesoro Cortes Metal Detector Features:
- Microprocessor Control
- Digital Target ID
- 9 Segment Bar Graph
- Two digit ID Number
- VLF 10 kHz Frequency
- Coin Depth and Battery Indicators
- Notch Filter Discrimination
- Preset or Manual Ground Balance
- 9″x 8″ Concentric Search Coil Standard
- Interchangeable Search Coils (Optional
- Built-In Mineral Rejection
- Lifetime Warranty
Tesoro Cortes Metal Detector Specifications:
- Operating Frequency: 10 kHz
- Search Coil Type: Concentric
- Search Coil Size: 9″x 8″ Standard (Optional Sizes Sold Separately)
- Cable Length: Approx. 3′
- Audio Frequency Target ID Tones: Approx. 350 to 800 Hz
- Audio Frequency All Metal VCO: Approx. 350 to 950 Hz
- Audio Output: 2 1/4″ Speaker and Headphone Jack
- Headphone Compatibility: 1/4″ Stereo Plug
- Weight: Approx. 2.98 lbs.
- Battery Requirement: 8 AA (Alkaline)
- Battery Life (typical): 10-20 Hours
- Optimum Operating Temperature Range: 30 to 100 deg. F
- Optimum Humidity: 0 to 75% R.H.
- Operating Modes:
- No Motion All-Metal
- Silent Search Discriminate
- Notch Narrow / Wide